Manager Digital Operations
- Lead change, encourage innovation
- Influence, set direction, lead implementation
- Key leadership position
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand vision is to be the Best Small Central Bank in the world and its purpose is to promote a sound and dynamic monetary and financial system. The Bank operates in a dynamic, fast moving environment that requires technology services that are equally resilient, flexible and innovative.
To achieve its vision the Bank requires an IT capability that can address complex demands for data exchange, respond to ever evolving cyber threats and retain external contact by extending online communication channels to a widening and demanding digital audience.
You will be responsible for the establishment and implementation of a strategic roadmap that moves the Bank’s current IT infrastructure to a hybrid cloud operating model. The role is responsible for leading the commercial aspects of IT procurement and vendor relationships across Digital Services. In time, this role will oversee the management of an effective service desk function and the service delivery of quality information management (unstructured information) and library functions. We are looking for significant expertise in digital operations and evolving hybrid cloud operating models and application migration, and seek skills and experience including:
- Highly effective leadership and management during change with focus on high performance
- Proven ability to foster and manage a highly effective collaborative working teams
- Leading on the delivery of efficient and effective operational and tactical IT infrastructure and cloud platforms
- Proven experience in the successful migration of in-house infrastructure, applications and data storage to the cloud and service offerings
- Developing and implementing new and alternative technology initiatives and strategies, leveraging cloud, automation and other services which support business requirements
- Development, management and implementation of strategic roadmaps and project plans of change for IT technologies and the delivery of multi-facets projects
- Ability to assess and ensure all IT infrastructure and cloud technology performance and reliability are maintained, and determine and implement process improvements
- Ability to analyse and further develop external providers business enhancement proposals and support / lead implementation
- Leading, developing and implementing IT procurement strategy aligned to strategic direction and procurement policy
- Leadership of an integrated internal and external vendor and contract portfolio management function
- Service hub management leadership and oversight
- Strong stakeholder relationships management competency across diverse groups including forging professional and constructive commercial partnerships
- In depth hands on complex project management experience
- Strong business and user requirement understanding to influence and champion continuous improvement
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to achieve optimal outcomes
- At least 12 years’ experience in IT with a minimum four years’ experience in ITSM practices and standards such as ITIL, COBIT or ITHIT
- A minimum of four years’ experience managing IT vendor relationships with cloud services providers and business engagement
- A minimum of 4 years' in a management role
- Relevant tertiary qualification with Professional Cloud Service Manager (PCSM) certification and other relevant industry or technical
With a new management team forming you will be part of shaping the future state of Digital Services at the Bank. Your expertise managing digital operations and leadership capability will be valued by your peers as you work together to help realise the Bank’s vision to be the Best Small Central Bank in the world.
To progress this opportunity you will need to meet an appropriate level of security clearance. Please apply now including a cover letter and CV. All applications will be acknowledged.
For more details on this position and a confidential discussion please call Justine Alexander 021 879 302 or Campbell Hepburn 021 818 415 at Presto Resourcing.
Applications close Thursday 27 October 2017.